Nutrition Services/Food Service
Kansas City Metro, (none selected)
This position is responsible for the active participation in the workflow in the Nutrition Service Department of the Hospital including but not limited to simple preparation, delivery and/or service of food (meals, snacks, supplements, etc) to customers. Workflow includes set up, clean up, and sanitation of work areas, dishes, wares and/or equipment, inventory control, product rotation, labeling and safe food handling practices. May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines. - May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on scheduled days/shifts. –
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- One year prior experience in food service required; experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Must possess reading ability in order to accurately assemble patient meal trays and to deliver patient meals to the proper patient room.
- Must be able to speak clearly
- Food Handler’s Permit
- Food Safety Certification
- NON-SMOKING facility