IT Support Specialist
Kansas City Metro, KS | Temporary or Temp-to-Hire
Under general supervision, provides information technology support, including handling moderately complex customer inquiries and requests for assistance with personal computer (PC) hardware, software, and mobile computing devices. Identifies, troubleshoots, and resolves moderately complex customer PC hardware, software, and mobile computing incidents. Collaborates with other National IT and District technical support staff to identify and resolve core problems. Utilizes solid problem solving skills to provide assistance and support to customers. Ensures issues are properly escalated and addressed in a timely manner.
• Responds to incoming contacts from customers requesting assistance with PC hardware, software, and mobile computing incidents of moderate complexity.
• Researches incidents and coordinates incident resolution.
• Ensures the proper workflow is followed on all incidents, while placing heightened attention on all critical and high priority incidents.
• Offers technical assistance to aid customers in effectively utilizing automation products in an effort to mitigate future call volume.
• At least one year of experience installing, troubleshooting, and repairing PC hardware and software preferred.
• At least two years of phone based service desk experience; preferably in an IT environment.
• At least one year experience installing, troubleshooting, and/or repairing mobile computing devices (BlackBerrys, PDAs, etc.) preferred.
• At least one year experience supporting the Outlook & Lotus Notes desktop client preferred.
• Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), A+ Certification, and/or ITIL Foundations Certification preferred.
• A solid understanding of PC hardware, software, mobile computing devices, peripheral equipment, and networking principles and functions.
• Solid technical troubleshooting skills and a working knowledge of current technologies.