Install, configure, and support an organization's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet system or a segment of a network system. Maintain network hardware and software. Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability. May supervise other network support and client server specialists and plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures.
Job Duties and Tasks
1) Diagnose hardware and software problems, and replace defective components.
2) Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
3) Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
4) Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware.
5) Operate master consoles in order to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use.
6) Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records.