Customer Service Representative
Kansas City, MO
3 year contract
Customer Service Representative
A Customer Service Representative (CSR) is needed to work in the Energy Solutions Hub to help buildings around the region achieve energy efficiency. The Energy Solutions Hub drives real action in buildings improvements for the KC region, from street level contacts to corporate suites. Not only does our work save costs due to energy efficiency in buildings, but our work also makes people healthier through safer homes and workplaces, reducing unbreathable air emissions and keeping temperatures survivable indoors and out.
The CSR will support “benchmarking,” or measuring levels of energy and water use in a building, acting as Energy Advisors to new and existing customers and contractors. CSRs act as Energy Advisors by helping with unique scenarios over the phone and occasionally in person. The CSR will work with the entire program team, including managers, coordinators and specialists, to define new opportunities for innovative energy efficiency projects. The CSR will drive full program participation to maximize energy savings in the commercial and multifamily marketplace—helping to build a cleaner, greener tomorrow.
· Train to use the ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager database (ESPM), if unfamiliar.
· Perform outreach, engagement, and activity coordination.
· Accurately maintain, update, and add entries to ESPM.
· Actively listen within inbound and outbound conversations, using a concierge approach to identify service needs and new opportunities.
· Monitor account activity, looking for new solutions with existing customers and contractors, self-organizing tasks to build good working relationships with high potential prospects.
· Appropriately and proactively inform customers/contractors about program resources.
· Aid with scheduling, information lookup, and other customer/contractor issues as appropriate.
· Assist customers, contractors, engineers/consultants, and other potential partners with their buildings innovation project applications.
· Use sound business ethics to protect proprietary and confidential information.
· Work as part of a team, openly communicating issues, problem solving, and sharing potential ideas, improvements, and strategies with the project team during check-ins and team meetings.
· Pull ESPM reports. (Stretch goal: Create ESPM custom reports as needed.)
· Stretch goal: Conduct ESPM demonstrations and deliver trainings to customers/contractors.
· Written and oral communication (Stretch goal: Presentation skills)
· Customer service (Stretch goal: persuasive discussion, a.k.a. sales)
· Database usage, including accurate data entry
· Comfort level with a diverse workplace
· Relationship building and maintenance
· Time management, resource organization, action planning and self-leadership
· Team cooperation
· Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and SharePoint
· Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
· Reliable access to transportation
The dream candidate can imagine themselves …
· referencing proper organizational procedures to make independent decisions.
· serving as a credible resource for a senior management team.
· tackling new software and technological platforms.
· learning new things with verve.
· Interest in or understanding of energy efficiency technologies and energy-saving solutions
· Experience interacting with diverse populations and demographic groups
· Previous experience working with ESPM
· Proven sales or outreach experience