Assisting post-transplant staff, answering phones (including patient calls), computer data input, ordering supplies, reports to referring physicians, covering front desk when needed, forms updates & various.
Primary Responsibilities (essential functions as defined in the "Americans with Disabilities" Act)
- Demonstrates competence in the areas of critical thinking, interpersonal relationships, and technical skills.
- Demonstrates ability to provide care/service safely and efficiently for the care of each patient. (will vary with nursing unit(s) assigned).
- Demonstrates competencies in computer programs such as: word processing, spread sheet development, email and intra/internet programs.
- Coordinates and oversees unit environmental and safety management.
- Coordinates and oversees office and supply management for unit operation.
- On behalf of supervisor(s), signs his/her name to correspondence, requisitions, vouchers and other forms as delegated.
- Assists with various organizational activities and preparation of statistical reports as directed.
- Receives and screens all correspondence, determining appropriate action.
- Coordinates meetings and electronically conference calls as directed.
- Serves as back-up unit secretary, as needed.